Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Makeup Favourites/Going-Out Essentials




I've never been a big fan of makeup. Sure, I love collecting them because they are so pretty, and they're nice to have, but I never have the time, talent or desire to experiment with them. The above are my 2014 favourites – and I'm pretty sure that most of them will remain my favourites in 2015. #1, #2, #3, #4 and #6 are from the UK, but Luxola now carries Sleek (YAYYY) so you'll be able to purchase them online, with next day delivery. Gotta love Luxola!

1) Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer (in shade 02 medium cool)

I like concealers that have wands for easy application because tubes are a pain when you're trying to squeeze out that last bit of concealer. It's thicker than my other favourite, ZA Concealer Perfection, but not as pasty as Make Up For Ever's Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Creme (my least favourite under eye concealer, which I now use as tattoo cover when the occasion calls for it). This Collection concealer has the perfect consistency, and blends into my skin seamlessly.

2) Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil (in Brownie Points)

The best eyebrow product I've tried so far. The felt tip allows you to fill in the gaps in your brows by drawing strokes in the direction of your hair growth, thus giving it a more natural look. The crayon helps to give your brows a perfect, defined shape.

3) Sleek Face Form Palette (in Light)

This is my travel face palette because it has a bronzer, blusher and highlighter all in one. It is the sister product of the famous Sleek Contour Kit (which consists of the same bronzer and highlighter, without the blusher). On most days, I only use the bronzer and highlighter because I'm not a fan of shimmery blush. The bronzer is in just the right shade for fair skin, and the highlighter isn't too glittery. I searched high and low for this one in London because it was so popular, it was out of stock at so many Superdrugs.

4) Sleek Blush by 3 Palette (in Lace)

Sleek blushers are cheap and highly pigmented, which is why I love them! This means that I only need to sweep my brush across the palette once to get my desired colour. I neglect the blush in the centre because it is too shimmery for my liking. Most of the time, I blend both the lovely coral and pink shades.

5) Maybelline Falsies (Singapore version)

I've tried millions of mascaras, from both drugstores and high-end brands, and nothing else seems to work for me as well as the Maybelline Falsies does. Even the UK version doesn't work as well, hence, it's specified "Singapore version" haha. It's the only mascara that is able to hold curl and add length to my lashes. $60 mascaras? Nah, I think I'll be sticking to my Falsies for life.

6) Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss (in shade 110)

My current favourite shade of lip colour apart from my newly purchased MAC Cremesheen in Coral Bliss. I'm obsessed with coral shades and pale pinks, but once in a while it is nice to switch it up a little and go for a bolder colour. I love how Rimmel deviated from the typical pale coral shades and went with a bright coral that is a blend of orange and a tinge of red.

7) Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colourist (in Maroon Brown)

Mandy gave me two of these because it was too light for her brows. One tube is running out but I still use the wand as a spoolie to brush out my brows because whatever remaining colour that's left gives my brows a nice brown tint and helps to blend the colours. In fact, I like it better when there's less colour on the brush, so I try to scrape off the access against the tube when I use my second tube because I don't want to look as if my brows are painted on (what might happen if there's too much ink on your wand).

My day-out makeup routine consists of all the above (lip colour varies). If I'm going somewhere fancy, I sweep on my BareMinerals Matte Mineral Foundation (in fairly light), or buff in my Shu Uemura BB mousse.
For casual days, I use all but #5, and for school-to-home days, I use only #2. Haha I'm only thattttt adventurous with makeup because I look like an abused child when I attempt to wear eyeshadow.

2 comments:

  1. http://sssssomegirl.blogspot.sg/
    an autobiographical cautionary tale by some girl for all girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. All online companies that focuses on bringing high quality hair care, beauty, nail and skin care products Babor Skinovage products

    ReplyDelete